Yesterday I reported that we'd added the following to Pinax in the last 24 hours:
- user profile pages
- user-to-user messages (via django-messages)
- announcements (a new app, django-announcements)
- OpenID support
- invitations to join
Well, in the last 24 hours we've added to that:
- translations into German, Spanish and Swedish
- a new design / logo
- auto-completion on message recipient field
- a basic Twitter clone
- OEmbed support in tweets
- the beginnings of tribes (i.e. groups)
I could not have hoped for a more productive weekend!
Earlier in the day I did a rough count purely based on file-size and estimated that Pinax is:
- 63% re-usable apps;
- 10% local app;
- 13% templates;
- 8% localization;
- 5% media;
- 1% util
which bodes well for the original goal of Pinax: to jump-start some reusable Django apps.
The original post was in the categories:
but I'm still in the process of migrating categories over.
The original post had 3 comments I'm in the process of migrating over.