This month I'm participating in Julython 2012, mostly just an excuse for me to dust off some old opensource projects and release some new ones I've been working on privately. The timing is particularly appropriate as at the end of the month I'm speaking at PyOhio on crazy little open source projects in Python.
Here's what I worked on this week:
Allows proper sorting of non-English words. Wrote this code a while ago for a blog post but now it's on github and PyPI.
Older code, put on github for the first time. Extracts world and town maps as well as town inhabitant and talk data.
This has been on github for a while but didn't handle PNG textures properly. The problem had been identify via a StackExchange question but I only implemented the solution in my code this week.
Very old code and not even all I have, but I decided to start releasing it on and work a little more on it again.
Originally written a couple of years ago but never made public. As well as open sourcing, I changed it from output PPM files to PNGs, added a linear transformation, cleaned up the code a little and added some example images.
This has been open source for a while. This week, however, I changed it from outputting PPM files to PNGs.
Started this recently but this week open sourced it and added lexing and parsing of CSS selectors with PLY.
Refactored project layout and did a proper release to PyPI. More planned this month.
Just clarified license. Lots more planned this month.
Mostly just tweaked differences between master and dev. Hoping for a django-user-accounts release soon so I can move on to other Pinax starter projects.
Working specifically on PyCon US 2013 site this week but it's open source and being abstracted out as Pinax Symposion for conferences in general. This work is sponsored by the Python Software Foundation.
Didn't intended to work on this but needed to make a fix. It's in Python and open source so I guess it counts :-)